[comp.lang.pascal] Serial communications with TP4

k34386t@kaira.hut.fi (Petri Suominen) (07/28/89)

Does anybody over there know how to do Serial communications with
TP4. I tried the auxinout (whatever) unit described in the manual,
but it didn't compile even though i zillionchecked it for typingerrors.
Therefore I tried another may. I used the exec procedure to run the
MS-DOS MODE command for initializing the port. That worked in the
UNISYS 286 in which i developed the program BUT, it didn't work
in a UNISYS 386. What simply happens is that the program doesn't
write anything to the port and it gets stuck. I also tried the
DOS command COPY file.txt com1: That worked in the 286 but 386
gave error message device fault error etc.

What went wrong ?
Petri Kruiseri Suominen    ! tel +358-0-468 2524  ! k34386t@kaira.hut.FI
Helsinki University of     ! JMT 3 B 274          ! kruiseri@otax.tky.hut.FI
Technology, Finland        ! 02150 Espoo          !

ts@chyde.uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK) (07/29/89)

In article <24033@santra.UUCP> k34386t@kaira.hut.fi (Petri Suominen) writes:
>Does anybody over there know how to do Serial communications with
>TP4. I tried the auxinout (whatever) unit described in the manual,

For accessing the serial ports in Turbo Pascal see O'Brien, Turbo
Pascal, the Complete Reference, Chapter 16.

Prof. Timo Salmi                                (Site 128.214.12.3)
Internet: ts@chyde.uwasa.fi Funet: vakk::salmi Bitnet: salmi@finfun