[comp.lang.pascal] Color Display problem w/ Borland Pascal v. 5.0

kyee@lynx.northeastern.edu (08/04/89)

In article <8908031153.aa11486@ADM.BRL.MIL> Marcel Dorenbos writes:

>I Have Problems Using Turbo Pascal Software From Borland On Mine Pc.
>The Color Monitor Gets Blue When I Invoke Turbopascal 5.0. It Is Impossible
>To See What Is In The Editor File. The Situation Can Be Restored By Pressing
><Alt> <D> <R> (Refresh Screen), But This Is Not A Real Solution Since The
>Problem Appears Too When I Use The Debugger, And When I Leave The Pascal
>Environment. I Had No Problem With Tp 4.0.
>The Configuration I Have Is As Follows:
>  Tulip At Compact
>  Ati Egawonder Card, Bios Version 3.05
>  Tulip Pc - Color Monitor
>.More. (q to quit)
>  Tulip Msdos Version 3.20.
>

>Has Anyone Seen This Too, And Is There A Solution? By The Way, It Looks Like
>Turbo C V2.0 Has The Same Problem, Turbo C V1.5 Worked Fine.

Have you tried running the configuration program that comes with TP5? I have not used Turbo Pascal v 5.0 BUT for Turbo Pascal version 4.0 there is a  configuration program called TINST.   TINST will enable you to "....set up the default video mode and ...change screen colors.....".

The name of the configuration program may be different for version 5 but it should enable you to do same thing.

Hope it helps

Karl Yee
Northeastern University
Boston, Massachusetts