[comp.lang.pascal] No line number for HP Pascal runtime errors

rick@bnrunix.UUCP (Richard Johns X7191) (08/12/89)

I'm using Pascal under HP-UX 6.5 on a series 300.

Why is it any runtime error message I get has a line number of 0, as in:

	ERROR -5 IN LINE 0. Divide by zero.

I take it I'm doing something fundamentally wrong here (besides generating
software errors :-) ), but what?  TIA, and don't tell me to RTFM.  If it's
in there, it's hiding.

	Rick "sometimes-I-miss-C" Johns

peter@prleh3.prl.philips.nl (Peter van Hooft) (08/12/89)

In article <248@bnrunix.UUCP> rick@bnrunix.UUCP (Richard Johns X7191) writes:
>I'm using Pascal under HP-UX 6.5 on a series 300.
>
>Why is it any runtime error message I get has a line number of 0, as in:
>
>	ERROR -5 IN LINE 0. Divide by zero.

Try:

$debug$
program test(input, output);

etc.

Isn't that obvious ;-) ? Unfortunately, this option doesn't really debug
your code. Perhaps in HP-UX 7.0 :-)

peter.