[comp.lang.pascal] Programming for the DesqView Environment on IBM PC

mal@hjuxa.UUCP (LEACH) (09/11/89)

 I would like to write some programs that will run under DesqView
 and take advantage of the message passing facilities (inter process
 comunication) provided by DesqView.  I was wondering if anyone has
 done this in C or Pascal and could show me some subroutines that might
 get me started.

 Thanks
--
Michael A. Leach  uucp:  {decvax,clyde,rutgers,decuac}!hjuxa!mal
		  email: mal%hjuxa.unx.dec.com@decwrl.dec.com

larry@nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) (09/11/89)

In article <1595@hjuxa.UUCP>, mal@hjuxa.UUCP (LEACH) writes:

>  I would like to write some programs that will run under DesqView
>  and take advantage of the message passing facilities (inter process
>  comunication) provided by DesqView.  I was wondering if anyone has
>  done this in C or Pascal and could show me some subroutines that might
>  get me started.

At the office we are using the Desqview Developer's package
which is available from Quarterdeck for $500 (list) which contains
complete functions (and source code) to take advantage of the
features of Desqview in your applications.

stever@Octopus.COM (Steve Resnick ) (09/16/89)

>In article <1595@hjuxa.UUCP>, mal@hjuxa.UUCP (LEACH) writes:
>
>  I would like to write some programs that will run under DesqView
>  and take advantage of the message passing facilities (inter process
>  comunication) provided by DesqView.  I was wondering if anyone has
>  done this in C or Pascal and could show me some subroutines that might
>  get me started.

I have been writing DESQview specific software for 1 /12 years. The API
package I got cost me $200 but the documentations stinks. Some of the calls
are documented incorrectly and there are nemuerous syntatical errors. I do
recommend the package since overall there are a lot of nice functions.
For a reasonable refrerence, M&T Books (Redwood City, Ca) has a book
entittled "DESQview: A Guide to Programming the DESQview Multitasking
Environment: by Stephen R. Davis.

-- Steve