[comp.lang.pascal] TURBO Pascal and mice...

pmp@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Paul Porta) (10/15/89)

Has anyone ever used a LOGITECH mouse within a TURBO Pascal or C
program? I want to use the mouse as a locator and pick device.

Neither TURBO's manuals nor LOGITECH's manual seem to give an help.
I'm writing a Chess program and I want to improve the user interface.
Any pointers would be helpful.

Paul Porta, graduate student
CIS department, university of florida
pmp@beach.cis.ufl.edu

jrwsnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu (Jonathan R. Watts) (10/16/89)

In article <21054@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU>, pmp@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Paul Porta) writes:

> Has anyone ever used a LOGITECH mouse within a TURBO Pascal or C
> program? I want to use the mouse as a locator and pick device.
>
> Neither TURBO's manuals nor LOGITECH's manual seem to give an help.
> I'm writing a Chess program and I want to improve the user interface.
> Any pointers would be helpful.

The book "Complete Turbo Pascal" by Jeff Duntemann describes how to use a
Microsoft mouse with TP (4.0 and up); it includes a Mouse unit.  I'm not sure
if it would work with a Logitech mouse or not, though.  Basically, you have
to use the INTR procedure to access the mouse functions; your mouse manual
might tell you which interrupts do what.

  - Jonathan Watts

jrwsnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu