[comp.lang.pascal] Converting C to Pascal

frisk@rhi.hi.is (Fridrik Skulason) (10/23/89)

I have seen a program named ptoc that will convert a Pascal program to C.

My problem is that I need a program that will convert the other way around
take a (huge) C program and convert it to Pascal.

Has anybody heard of such a program ?
--
         Fridrik Skulason          University of Iceland
         frisk@rhi.hi.is

          Guvf yvar vagragvbanyyl yrsg oynax .................

wilfreds@maestro.htsa.aha.nl (Wilfred Spiegelenburg E411) (10/24/89)

In article <1244@krafla.rhi.hi.is> frisk@rhi.hi.is (Fridrik Skulason) writes:

>I have seen a program named ptoc that will convert a Pascal program to C.

  Great you have seen one !!
  Do you have more information about it ? and is it possible to post the source
  on the net or mail it to me ( I can't ftp from here ).

A question : Has anyone got a Fortran77 to C converter ?
  I know there has been a question for one almost two weeks ago in
  comp.sources.wanted and more recent in this one (also replies) but no hints
  where to get it. I would love to have it, because it would make my
  next project much easier.

			Thanks,
				Wilfred

* E-mail: wilfreds@maestro.htsa.aha.nl *             ______                  *
*         wilfreds@htsa.UUCP           *        \ ^ /  (__                   *
*         ...!hp4nl!htsa!wilfreds      *         V V  ____)                  *
--

csachs@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Colin Sachs) (10/25/89)

In article <1244@krafla.rhi.hi.is>, frisk@rhi.hi.is (Fridrik Skulason) writes:
> I have seen a program named ptoc that will convert a Pascal program to C.
>
> My problem is that I need a program that will convert the other way around
> take a (huge) C program and convert it to Pascal.
>
> Has anybody heard of such a program ?

Yes.  I've a shareware program called tpc10 that converts from turbo pascal
to c with about a 80%-90% converstion rate (the authors claim 90%+ but
some things do not convert well).  The program files are in a .zip archive
which has been uuencoded.

If enough people want me to, I can post the tpc10.uue file to this group
or to a more appropriate group, or I could mail it.  Let's have an informal
survey.  If enough people express interest, I'll post it here.

--
Colin Sachs - csachs@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu

Society is the sum of those relations that are under some form of public
constraint. Culture is whatever we do with each other by undirected choise.