[comp.lang.pascal] reading data from a serial port using Turbo Pascal

ppd491@leah.Albany.Edu (Peter P. Donohue) (11/08/89)

   A friend of mine is looking to have a turbo pascal program read data
from the serial port. Assuming he is using TP 4.0, is this possible? I
don't know exactly what he is after, so I am just looking for ideas on
how he would do this. I have the manual at home, so if anyone has an
idea as to what I would look for, it would be greatly appreciated.

						Pete
--
Peter P. Donohue
ppd491@albny1vx.bitnet               .  "Education is a journey,

ts@chyde.uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK) (11/09/89)

In article <2146@leah.Albany.Edu> ppd491@leah.Albany.Edu (Peter P. Donohue) writes:

>   A friend of mine is looking to have a turbo pascal program read data
>from the serial port. Assuming he is using TP 4.0, is this possible? I
>don't know exactly what he is after, so I am just looking for ideas on

See eg O'Brien, Turbo Pascal, the Complete Reference.  (Contrary to
reading parallel ports, reading serial ports will not be
uncomplicated.)

Prof. Timo Salmi                                (Site 128.214.12.3)
Internet: ts@chyde.uwasa.fi Funet: vakk::salmi Bitnet: salmi@finfun