[comp.lang.pascal] Graphics and Turbo Pascal

syswerda@bbn.com (Gilbert Syswerda) (11/17/89)

I am looking for a general solution to the following: I would like to
create images using Turbo Pascal (either BGI or some other package), and
save those images (EGA/VGA) in a form that paint programs can access.
Likewise, I would like to be able to create images with a paint program,
and then read those images into a Pascal program.

The answer clearly includes using an appropriate graphics file format (GIF,
perhaps?), and having access to the proper drivers. How have others solved
this problem?

Also, I am looking for recommendations for a good color paint program for
the IBM PC class of machines. Are there any out there that are clear
winners?

I'll post a summary of the responses sent to me.

Thanks.

dross@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (david ross) (11/19/89)

In article <48334@bbn.COM> syswerda@bbn.com (Gilbert Syswerda) writes:
>I am looking for a general solution to the following: I would like to
>create images using Turbo Pascal (either BGI or some other package), and
>save those images (EGA/VGA) in a form that paint programs can access.
>
>Also, I am looking for recommendations for a good color paint program for
>the IBM PC class of machines. Are there any out there that are clear
>winners?

Most 'good' paint programs will have screen capture utilities that reside
as a TSR and let you grab a screen during any application; this will solve
your problem one way, and not cost you any effort or money.

The other way is more difficult; some companies (e.g., the makers of HALO)
do sell programming libraries which work well with their own paint
programs.