[comp.lang.pascal] OutTextXY

marxb@yvax.byu.edu (11/29/89)

I am a relatively new user to TP and was wondering if there is anyone that can
tell me how to write variable data to the screen while in graphics mode.  I
have tried to use OutTextXY() but have been unsuccessful.  It works fine if I
include the string as part of the command but I can't seem to get it to send
the value(s) of a declared variable.  Any help is appreciated.

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK) (11/30/89)

In article <942marxb@yvax.byu.edu> marxb@yvax.byu.edu writes:
>I am a relatively new user to TP and was wondering if there is anyone that can
>tell me how to write variable data to the screen while in graphics mode.  I
>have tried to use OutTextXY() but have been unsuccessful.  It works fine if I
>include the string as part of the command but I can't seem to get it to send
>the value(s) of a declared variable.  Any help is appreciated.

OutTextXY takes only strings, so what you will have to do for values
is to first convert them to strings.  Fortunately, this is very
easy.  Just use Turbo Pascal's Str procedure for example like this:
var a : real;
var s : string;
.
a := 3.14;
Str (a:10:2, s);
s := 'The value is ' + s;
OutTextXY (1, 10, s);
Prof. Timo Salmi                                (Site 128.214.12.3)
Internet: ts@chyde.uwasa.fi Funet: vakk::salmi Bitnet: salmi@finfun