[comp.lang.pascal] TP .obj files

bb16@prism.gatech.EDU (Scott Bostater) (01/02/90)

In regards to .OBJ files from Turbo Pascal:

I have gotten a program (either from simtel or grape) from Borland that tried
to convert .TPU files to .OBJ files.  The documentation warned that they weren't
trilled with the idea and that the program was *not* guarrenteed to work. It
was designed to work with TP 4.0  I'm not sure how it will work with 5.0 and 5.5
TPU's.

I never had a need to use it so I don't have a feel for how good a success rate
the program had. I also cannot remember the name of the program, but it was
probably something like TPU2OBJ.[ARC|ZIP]

Hope this helps,
--
Scott Bostater      GTRI/RAIL/RAD   (Ga. Tech)
"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him"  -Ps 62.1

leonard@bucket.UUCP (Leonard Erickson) (01/02/90)

bb16@prism.gatech.EDU (Scott Bostater) writes:

>I have gotten a program (either from simtel or grape) from Borland that tried
>to convert .TPU files to .OBJ files.  The documentation warned that they weren't
>trilled with the idea and that the program was *not* guarrenteed to work. It
>was designed to work with TP 4.0  I'm not sure how it will work with 5.0 and 5.5
>TPU's.

Well, v4.0 TPU format is diferent from v5.0 which is different from v5.5. I've
never found a utility that would work on more than 1 TPU version!
--
Leonard Erickson		...!tektronix!reed!percival!bucket!leonard
CIS: [70465,203]