[comp.lang.pascal] Bug in der dbase-unit fuer TP aus der ct 12/89

lowj_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (John Alan Low) (01/04/90)

In article <2335@cat.UUCP> vidi@cat.UUCP (Michael Veit) writes:
>Ich habe einen Bug in der dbase-unit fuer Turbo Pascal aus der ct 12/89
>entdeckt. Wenn ich den Feldnamen auslesen will bekomme ich nur die ersten
>neun Stellen des zehnstelligen Feldnamens. Hat jemand aehnliche Erfahrungen
>gemacht - bzw hat er sie beseitigt ???
>
>Michael (genannt Brian, was soviel bedeutet wie Brian)

I don't know a thing about the dbase unit of Turbo Pascal, unfortunately,
which would have made me more confident about doing this, but here goes:

I have discovered a bug in the dbase unit for current (12/89) Turbo Pascal.
When I want to sort [may be "select"] the field names I only get the first
nine places of the ten-figure field name. Has anyone made similar discoveries,
and eliminated them?

---Travis

Ich suche die Leidenschaft, die keine Leiden schafft.

lowj_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (John Alan Low) (01/05/90)

In article <4682@ur-cc.UUCP> I wrote:
>In article <2335@cat.UUCP> vidi@cat.UUCP (Michael Veit) writes:
>>Ich habe einen Bug in der dbase-unit fuer Turbo Pascal aus der ct 12/89
>>entdeckt. Wenn ich den Feldnamen auslesen will bekomme ich nur die ersten
>>neun Stellen des zehnstelligen Feldnamens. Hat jemand aehnliche Erfahrungen
>>gemacht - bzw hat er sie beseitigt ???
>
>I don't know a thing about the dbase unit of Turbo Pascal, unfortunately,
>which would have made me more confident about doing this, but here goes:

Someone informed me that "ct" is a German magazine, which makes the post
make more sense now. Here is a corrected translation:

I have discovered a bug in the dbase unit for TP from CT magazine (12/89).
When I want to sort [may be "select" or "read through"] the field names I
only get the first nine places of the ten-figure field name. Has anyone made
similar discoveries, and eliminated them?

Note: I sent mail to the poster asking him to refrain from posting articles
in German on American BB's. Also, I know this problem may not be that
relevant, since it came from a German magazine, but I wanted to supply correct
info in case anyone was actually working on it. No more on this, I promise.