[net.sf-lovers] id AA11697; Fri, 24 Feb 84 00:11:47 pst

lipman@decwrl.UUCP (02/24/84)

Date: Friday, 24 Feb 1984 00:11:08-PST
From: akov68::boyajian
To: net.sf-lovers
Subject: Wolfe Stuffe

dartvax!karl:

	THE WOLFE ARCHIPELAGO is a collection from Zeising Brothers (the pub-
lishers of CASTLE OF THE OTTER). The contents are: "The Island of Doctor Death
and Other Stories", "The Death of Doctor Island", and "The Doctor of Death Is-
land". Also included, embedded in the introduction, is a new short-short story,
"Death of the Island Doctor". Since the three novellas are all (I believe) con-
tained in the Pocket Books collection, THE ISLAND OF DOCTOR DEATH AND OTHER
STORIES AND OTHER STORIES [*sic*], this is really more of a "collector's" book
than anything else. Since the SF Book Club did an edition of OTTER, I suspect
that they will do one of ARCHIPELAGO, too.
	You might want to know, though, that N.E.S.F.A. (The New England S. F.
Association -- the putters on of Boskone) has published another Wolfe collection
commemorating Wolfe's guest-of-honorship at this year's Boskone. It's called
PLAN[e]T ENGINERING (a joke; Wolfe used to edit a trade journal called PLANT
ENGINEERING) and is a collection of old (some obscure) and new material.

	Since your message was apparently cut off (at least on my end), I can't
answer any other questions you might have had.

				  --- jayembee
				      (Jerry Boyajian, DEC Maynard)
				UUCP: (decvax!decwrl!rhea!akov68!boyajian)
				ARPA: (decwrl!rhea!akov68!boyajian@Shasta)