[comp.lang.pascal] TP Help

6600john%ucsbuxa@hub.ucsb.edu (John Bernstein) (02/04/90)

Does anyone know the format for the Turbo Pascal 5.5 integrated help
file?  I would like to add some more information to the built in help
facility, but I need to know the format of the file..

Thanks

John Bernstein
6600john@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu

john@wsl.UUCP (John Allen on wsl) (02/08/90)

In article <22334@adm.BRL.MIL> 6600john%ucsbuxa@hub.ucsb.edu (John Bernstein) writes:
>Does anyone know the format for the Turbo Pascal 5.5 integrated help
>file?  I would like to add some more information to the built in help
>facility, but I need to know the format of the file..

Borland DO, but I wish they would tell the rest of us.

It would be excellent if they included a program to extend the help
file, so you could add your own functions in. Maybe if they get
hassled enough they might just do this.

--
People that don't know want to know from the people that do know and if the
poeple that do know don't tell the people that don't know then the people

kb36+@andrew.cmu.edu (Kevin Douglas Beiter) (02/10/90)

     I have written a program in TP that lets you
make help screens for your own TP functions and
procedures(and whatever else).  It DOES NOT use
the TP help function, but it includes a TSR that looks
and works about the same.  It isn't the greatest, but it
seems to work okay.  If anyone is interested, let me know,
and I'll download it to chyde.uwasa.fi.

Kevin Beiter

kb36+@andrew.cmu.edu

pmk@cip-s01.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Michael Keukert) (02/11/90)

In article <297@wsl.UUCP> john@wsl.ie (John Allen on wsl) writes:
>>file?  I would like to add some more information to the built in help
>>facility, but I need to know the format of the file..

In one of the last editions of the german computer-magazine c't
(you know - the one the pretty-printer was published in) there were some
articles about the format of the help file of the ms-dos version of turbo-
pascal.

A friend of mine has "cracked" the format of the help-files for the atari-st
turbo-c version, which is COMPLETELY different.

If someone is REALLY interested in the document i can telefax it or send a copy
via snail-mail. Please e-mail to:
Michael Keukert, Elsasstrasse 58, D-5100 Aachen, FRG, Tel: +49 241 513297 Q
Fido: Michael Keukert@Maus AC 2:242/2   ZNet:MICHAEL_KEUKERT!AC@ZERMAUS.ZER
Twenty bucks per day plus expenses - hundred in advance.        (Sam Spade)