[comp.lang.pascal] Is there background music unit for TurboPascal?

teittinen@cc.helsinki.fi (02/16/90)

Hello everybody!

I want to write some graphics demos for PC and I'd like to play some
simple melodies in the background (like one can do in BASIC, urgh). I
know how to do it myself (speed up system clock and use own interrupt to
read music buffer and play tunes, like BASIC does). But I guess somebody
must have done that before me. So my question is: is there such a
TurboPascal unit that allows me to play backgorund music? And if there
is, where can I get it? I hope it is PD, otherwise I guess I have to
write a unit of my own. Source preferred.

--
E-Mail: teittinen@finuh.bitnet               ! "Studying is the only way
        teittinen@cc.helsinki.fi             !  to do nothing without

hampton@handel.CS.ColoState.Edu (thomas hampton) (02/22/90)

In article <1920.25dc0694@cc.helsinki.fi> teittinen@cc.helsinki.fi writes:
>TurboPascal unit that allows me to play backgorund music? And if there
>is, where can I get it? I hope it is PD, otherwise I guess I have to
>write a unit of my own. Source preferred.

yes there is a unit that allows you to play music in the background in pascal.
I have seen it on some bullutin boards and quantums PC-link.  I am not at home
so I don't know the name of it.  Have faith though there is one out there.