[comp.lang.pascal] Serial line interrupt

kpv@kannel.lut.fi (Kari Vaittiniemi) (02/27/90)

Hi,

I am writing a TSR to serve stuff coming from serial line on a PC. The
problem seems to be how to get the TSR awake when something comes from
the serial line. I have put the interrupt enable register to generate
an interrupt when receive data is on the register and I can see something
happening on the interrupt identification register on the 8250 but as I
understand I should get an INT 0C from the COM1 interrupt and I can t see
anything. I am using TP5.5 and Turbo Professional. Can anyone tell me
what I did forget or any other hints how to do it ??

Thanks

Kari Vaittiniemi
Research Scientist
email: kpv@kannel.lut.fi

mathrich@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Rich Winkel) (02/27/90)

In article <1541@kannel.lut.fi> kpv@kannel.lut.fi (Kari Vaittiniemi) writes:

>Hi,

>I am writing a TSR to serve stuff coming from serial line on a PC. The
>problem seems to be how to get the TSR awake when something comes from
>the serial line. I have put the interrupt enable register to generate
>an interrupt when receive data is on the register and I can see something
>happening on the interrupt identification register on the 8250 but as I
>understand I should get an INT 0C from the COM1 interrupt and I can t see
>anything. I am using TP5.5 and Turbo Professional. Can anyone tell me
>what I did forget or any other hints how to do it ??

You need to program both the int enable register and the UART.  Check out
the turbopas directory on simtel20 for examples.  Sorry I can't be more
specific .. I don't have any references with me.

Rich