[comp.lang.pascal] Proposal comp.lang.jihad

misu_ss@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (What`s in a name?) (03/13/90)

In article <775@s5.Morgan.COM> amull@Morgan.COM (Andrew P. Mullhaupt) writes:
>This stuff doesn't belong in comp.lang.pascal. It goes in comp.lang.c,
>right(?). The fistfight over bill wolfe's complaints about C should
>stay in comp.lang.c. If anyone wants to complain about Pascal, then

No.  People who want to discuss C can do so in comp.lang.c.  The fistfight
over Bill Wolfe, and his comments can go into comp.lang.jihad.  I imagine
that these other groups would like to see a number of threads piped into
said new newsgroup as well...  Anybody want to take this one seriously?

							--mike

--
Mic3hael Sullivan,                    Society for the Incurably Pompous
		     		-*-*-*-*-

timk@xenitec.on.ca (Tim Kuehn) (03/13/90)

In article <5752@ur-cc.UUCP> misu_ss@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (What`s in a name?) writes:

>In article <775@s5.Morgan.COM> amull@Morgan.COM (Andrew P. Mullhaupt) writes:
>>This stuff doesn't belong in comp.lang.pascal. It goes in comp.lang.c,
>>right(?). The fistfight over bill wolfe's complaints about C should
>>stay in comp.lang.c. If anyone wants to complain about Pascal, then

>No.  People who want to discuss C can do so in comp.lang.c.  The fistfight
>over Bill Wolfe, and his comments can go into comp.lang.jihad.  I imagine
>that these other groups would like to see a number of threads piped into
>said new newsgroup as well...  Anybody want to take this one seriously?

How about:

For potential news.groups:
comp.lang.bill.wolf.lang.soapbox.nobody.listening
comp.misc.idiocy
idiots.idiocy
flame.flame
flame.bill.wolf
flame.C.too.while.we.are.at.it
flame.pascal.basic.assembler.and.anything.else.of.non.ada.origin.too
comp.lang.if.it.is.not.ada.it.can.not.possibly.work
comp.lang.if.it.is.ada.it.will.never.fail
this.is.so.stupid.it.does.not.even.deserve.a.name
comp.lang.good.grief.!

Alternate piping destinations include:
/dev/null
/dev/stupid
/dev/nerds
/dev/jihad
/dev/nuke'em
/dev/flame/C
/dev/flame/bwolf

.....you get the idea.... (no :=)'s here)

Anybody think of any other places to put this non-discussion so it's where it
REALLY belongs?  (*sheesh!* maybe we should fill the postmaster of hubcap's
with complaints about "mr." wolf. Maybe getting his Usenet access pulled, or
at least confine his posting range to local / state boundaries will save
net.bandwidth for more productive activities.)

|Timothy D. Kuehn	       			       timk@xenitec.on.ca     |
|TDK Consulting Services			       !watmath!xenitec!timk  |
|871 Victoria St. North, Suite 217A					      |
|Kitchener, Ontario, Canada N2B 3S4 		       (519)-741-3623 	      |
|DOS/Xenix - SW/HW. uC, uP, DBMS. 		       Quality SW Guaranteed  |