[comp.lang.pascal] Pascal graphic mouse routines

Geoff.Gerhardt@p8.f51.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Geoff Gerhardt) (03/21/90)

        Has anyone seen a toolbox of routines for using the mouse in graphic mode?  TechnoJock has routines for use in text mode, ie:mouse resolution is one charactor, and it offers a mouse cursor that can be the charactor of your choice.  I'd like one that allowed a graphic mouse cursor.

......Geoff

--
Geoff Gerhardt - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
UUCP: alberta!dvinci!weyr!51.8!Geoff.Gerhardt

scott@kong.gatech.edu (Scott Coulter) (03/23/90)

In article <609.2608C128@weyr.FIDONET.ORG> Geoff.Gerhardt@p8.f51.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Geoff Gerhardt) writes:

>        Has anyone seen a toolbox of routines for using the mouse in graphic mode?  TechnoJock has routines for use in text mode, ie:mouse resolution is one charactor, and it offers a mouse cursor that can be the charactor of your choice.  I'd like one th
>at allowed a graphic mouse cursor.
>
>......Geoff
>

>--
>Geoff Gerhardt - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
>UUCP: alberta!dvinci!weyr!51.8!Geoff.Gerhardt
>Internet: Geoff.Gerhardt@p8.f51.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG
>Standard Disclaimers Apply...

If you're using TurboPascal, get MouseTool.  It provides graphics mode mouse
interaction, plus a lot of nice "extras"--popup yes/no dialogue boxes, etc.
It comes in the form of .TPU files, so it'll only help you if you're using
TurboPascal.  The version on chyde.uwasa.fi (I think) is a .TPU for TP 5.0;
I have a newer version which has been recompiled under TP 5.5, which I got
directly from the author's bulletin board; I'll upload to it chyde and/or
simtel when I have time.  It's shareware, but I believe that sending in the
registration fee gets you the source code.  Sorry I don't remember the
author's name right off-hand--he deserves credit for an excellent toolkit!

Hope this helps,
Scott Coulter
Scott D. Coulter        Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia, 30332
uucp: {most anywhere}!gatech!kong!scott         Internet: scott@kong.gatech.edu
"Sometimes I just sit back & close my eyes; I enjoy the view"--Michael W. Smith

pmk@cip-s01.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Michael Keukert) (03/23/90)

In article <609.2608C128@weyr.FIDONET.ORG> Geoff.Gerhardt@p8.f51.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Geoff Gerhardt) writes:

>        Has anyone seen a toolbox of routines for using the mouse in graphic mode?  TechnoJock has routines for use in text mode, ie:mouse resolution is one charactor, and it offers a mouse cursor that can be the charactor of your choice.  I'd like one th
>at allowed a graphic mouse cursor.
>
>......Geoff

Hi,

I got such a tool in Turbo-Pascal 4x/5.x Sourcecode.
It was published in the german journal "c't magazin fuer computer und technik"
volume 10/88 page 196

If there are some more people interested, I will post it here.

With the pakage, there comes an editor for the mouse-pointer-graphics.

Michael Keukert, Elsasstrasse 58, D-5100 Aachen, FRG, Tel: +49 241 513297 Q
Fido: Michael Keukert@Maus AC 2:242/2   ZNet:MICHAEL_KEUKERT!AC@ZERMAUS.ZER
Twenty bucks per day plus expenses - hundred in advance.        (Sam Spade)

woody@eos.UUCP (Wayne Wood) (03/26/90)

In article <2515@rwthinf.UUCP> pmk@cip-s01.UUCP (Michael Keukert) writes:
>In article <609.2608C128@weyr.FIDONET.ORG> Geoff.Gerhardt@p8.f51.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Geoff Gerhardt) writes:
>>
>>        Has anyone seen a toolbox of routines for using the mouse in graphic mode?

simtel20 has a package...

	pd1:<msdos.turbopas>MOUSTOOL.ARC

/***   woody   ****************************************************************
*** ...tongue tied and twisted, just an earth bound misfit, I...            ***
*** -- David Gilmour, Pink Floyd                                            ***
****** woody@eos.arc.nasa.gov *** my opinions, like my mind, are my own ******/

schrader@loligo (Dave Schrader) (03/30/90)

>I got such a tool in Turbo-Pascal 4x/5.x Sourcecode.
>It was published in the german journal "c't magazin fuer computer und technik"
>volume 10/88 page 196
>With the pakage, there comes an editor for the mouse-pointer-graphics.
>Michael Keukert, Elsasstrasse 58, D-5100 Aachen, FRG, Tel: +49 241 513297 Q

 Net-readers: Could not reach Micheal via EMail. Forgive this message.

 Michael,

 I would be interested in a copy of the (source) code (if possible). If
 you decide NOT to post to comp.lang.pascal please EMail to me.

 Thanks, in advance...

 David Schrader
 schrader@loligo.cc.fsu.edu