[comp.lang.pascal] EMS usage in TP 5.5

kingsum@grace.cs.washington.edu (Kingsum Chow) (06/06/90)

Currently I am working on a project requiring huge amount of memory for
data.  I also need to call some other application programs within Turbo
Pascal 5.5, using Exec procedure, for example.  I have 4 MB EMS memory
available on a 386 machine.  I wonder how I can access the EMS memory
using Exec.  I am interested to know an efficient way of doing it.

Kingsum Chow	<kingsum@grace.cs.washington.edu>

rbt@tous.uucp (Robert B. Tate) (06/08/90)

In article <12152@june.cs.washington.edu> kingsum@grace.cs.washington.edu (Kingsum Chow) writes:
>Currently I am working on a project requiring huge amount of memory for
>data.  I also need to call some other application programs within Turbo
>Pascal 5.5, using Exec procedure, for example.  I have 4 MB EMS memory
>available on a 386 machine.  I wonder how I can access the EMS memory
>using Exec.  I am interested to know an efficient way of doing it.
>
>_____________________________________________________________________________
>Kingsum Chow	<kingsum@grace.cs.washington.edu>

I have been using a package from TurboPower called Object Professional
that I have been very happy with.  It has a section that deals with
your exact problem.

TurboPower
1-800-333-4160
list price: $150

I don't work for them, just very happy with the product!

 rbt@tous.UUCP        Robert B. Tate          No, I can't FTP! (I'm not on the
 ..!tarpit!tous!rbt                           REAL net, just UUCP.:-}