[comp.lang.pascal] TP

mead@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu (06/16/90)

I've been keeping an eye on this group for a while and while I'd think
my question should be a candidate for some kind of "Frequently Asked
Questions" list, I don't believe I've seen this discussion.

Well, anyway, I will eventually need to make a program "crash proof."
At a minimum, I need to disable CTRL-BREAK and CTRL-C.  I have a book
(_Using TP_ by Yester from Que) that describes (actually, the examples
really help) how to write an interrupt routine; I assume that's the way
that I disable the CTRL-Breaks, but Yeaster only messes around with the
print screen interrupt ($05).  I am reluctant to experiment much with
interrupt routines; but I'd guess I should replace $1B and $23 with a
interrupt procedure that does...um...what?  (nothing?).

I'd really appreciate it if someone who's done this could drop me some
mail.  Thanks.

[Incidentally, I DID read the f**king manual - if you must flame, tell
me I'm stupid, not lazy).]

-alan mead : mead@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK) (06/18/90)

In article <13000007@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu> mead@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>Well, anyway, I will eventually need to make a program "crash proof."
>At a minimum, I need to disable CTRL-BREAK and CTRL-C.  I have a book

{This is all there is to it}
uses Crt;
CheckBreak := false;

Then you can test with ReadKey function for #3 if you want to
capture a break.  (You'll only need interrupt programming if you
don't want to invoke the Crt unit, because it has some side
effects.)

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)