[comp.lang.pascal] initialization of units

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK) (06/22/90)

In article <6968@star.cs.vu.nl> cjveenm@cs.vu.nl (Veenman CJ) writes:
>In a turbo pascal program I discovered something strange. It did
>make difference in what order I mentioned the unit names in the USES
>clause, and in my opinion it shouldn't. The problems arise because
>one of the USEd units has an initialization part.
... rest deleted ...

   Nothing strange whatsoever in there, but on the contrary.  The
later units take precedence (and your calling program has the very
highest priority, of course), if the units include identical
procedures, functions, or initialized variable names.
   You can make a distinction between the identically named routines
by including the unit name in the routine call separated by a point.

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)