[comp.lang.pascal] Unit Mismatch : What the hell is wrong

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK) (06/21/90)

In article <2257.267f9646@csc.anu.oz> dgg811@csc.anu.oz writes:
>I have a problem using some TPU files for which I have no source files.
>We are using Pascal V5.5 on an AT. The error is a "Unit version mismatch"
>error number 70. I suspect that the distributors of the software (PC Expert)
>stuffed up when they made the distribution. How can we force TP to ignore the
>error? We've tried touch - no luck.

Turbo Pascal units are version dependent, so if the units are, say,
5.0 units, and you are using 5.5, then there is not much you can do
except either change the compiler version, or get the unit's
sources.  This is one of the (few) real grievances against Turbo
Pascal upgrade policy.

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)

streich@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Mark Streich) (07/06/90)

In article <1990Jun20.125530.23921@maytag.waterloo.edu> dmurdoch@watstat.uwaterloo.ca (Duncan Murdoch) writes:

>Remember, when the next
>version of TP comes out, you'll probably have to toss out all of those units:
>it's pretty likely that Borland will continue in its tradition of
>changing the format and the System unit, thus invalidating all existing
>compiled code.

Is the format of .tpu files publically available.  I was thinking of writing
a utility that would need to examine .tpu files when the source was
unavailable.

Thanks in advance.

Mark Streich
streich@tigger.colorado.edu