[comp.lang.pascal] inability to uudecode units

DAVID%UCONNVM.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu ( carl david) (07/10/90)

A. C. Enotiadis sent in some units, but unfortunately, they would not
decode properly here.
If someone got them decoded, could you send me the raw pascal code in plain
text?
thanks
Carl David
(David at uconnvm.bitnet)

ace@sund.cc.ic.ac.uk (Andriko del Saludo) (07/11/90)

In article <23849@adm.BRL.MIL> DAVID%UCONNVM.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu ( carl david) writes:

>A. C. Enotiadis sent in some units, but unfortunately, they would not
>decode properly here. etc...
 For all you netters on BITNET. This is a common problem when good ole
 faithful IBM mainframes are on the way. The UUE file gets slightly
 scrambled and need descrambling. The trick is the following. Get the
 UUE file into an editor and replace all instances of a tilda with a
 caret. (obviously I can't use the real characters here since it will
 get scrambled as well but tilda=~ and caret=^). The way to avod this is
 to use xxencode, but it is not as widely spread yet.
 BTW I found there is a small error in my posting. File AD.PAS should be
 called adgraph.pas to match the unit name declared inside.
 Ciao
 ace

- Andreas C. Enotiadis (ace@cc.ic.ac.uk, ace@grathun1.earn, etc)    -
- (I'm still thinking about something clever to put here...)        -