[comp.lang.pascal] Help on Atari ST Pascal

swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Scott Wood) (07/13/90)

Well, I just splurged for the book Mastering Turbo Pascal 5.5, and I have a
dire need for a clc or integrated compiler for pascal on the atari ST
so that I may start to delve into this language without intrepedation.
any help?
swood

--
OK, who farted?			| swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu
When you see Scott coming,	| swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu

Chris.Forker@newcastle.ac.uk (Chris Forker - Nav Arch-) (07/17/90)

In article <2053@vela.acs.oakland.edu> swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Scott Wood) writes:
>Well, I just splurged for the book Mastering Turbo Pascal 5.5, and I have a
>dire need for a clc or integrated compiler for pascal on the atari ST
>so that I may start to delve into this language without intrepedation.
>any help?
>swood

	Try Propero Pascal. It has an integrated environment, and is
a well supported product. It is also ISO validated and produces
reasonably fast  code. I think they have a place somewhere in the
states that can send you a demo disc.

Hope this helps.

Chris

+-=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--+--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=-+
|   mail: Chris.Forker@newcastle.ac.uk   |   Dept. Marine Technology        |
|  voice: +44 91 2226000 X 6750          |   Newcastle University           |
|    fax: +44 91 2611182                 |   Newcastle upon Tyne            |
|                                        |   NE1 7RU  ENGLAND               |
+-=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--+--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=-+

nut@wet.UUCP (adam tilghman) (07/17/90)

In article <2053@vela.acs.oakland.edu> swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Scott Wood) writes:
>Well, I just splurged for the book Mastering Turbo Pascal 5.5, and I have a
>dire need for a clc or integrated compiler for pascal on the atari ST
>so that I may start to delve into this language without intrepedation.
>any help?
>swood
>
>--
>OK, who farted?			| swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu

  ICD, Inc.  (I have their BBS number handy, but I don't have their
support line.  BBS:  (815)968-2229) markets Personal Pascal, one of the mai
Pascal compilers for the ST.  It is a clc, but it has a GEM shell which
makes development a lot easier than from just a command line.

  Prospero Pascal (don't have any numbers here) is also a decent compiler,
and from what I understand, it is based off of Turbo (but it still a clc -
won't find any integrated Pascal compilers on the ST).

  Those are the only two that I can think of... I would have problems
recommending Personal Pascal to somebody planning to write commercial
software, though - I have written several shareware programs in Personal
Pascal, and not one of them is compatible with the Atari or Supra hard disk
drivers.  Seeing that ICD makes Personal Pascal, and that it only works with
ICD boot software, I am a wee bit suspicious.

  Hope this helps!@

--
== Adam G. Tilghman - Trendy Quote: "Beware of Greeks bearing Trojans!" ==
============ Bang-Path UUCP: {uunet | ucbvax}!unisoft!wet!nut ============

ef@tools.uucp (Edgar Fuss) (07/19/90)

>  Those are the only two that I can think of... I would have problems
>recommending Personal Pascal to somebody planning to write commercial
>software, though - I have written several shareware programs in Personal
>Pascal, and not one of them is compatible with the Atari or Supra hard disk
>drivers.  Seeing that ICD makes Personal Pascal, and that it only works with
>ICD boot software, I am a wee bit suspicious.

Personal Pascal, aka ST Pascal Plus, aka CCD Pascal, aka OSS Pascal
has been developed in Germany. I have written commercial Software with this
compiler, and I have no indication that it doesn't work with a particular
Hard Disc controller.
I've been using this compiler for about four years now and an happy with it.

swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Scott Wood) (07/21/90)

Well, I have caught up with Personal Pascal, heard of Alice Pascal, and one
other that I forget the name.  Unfortunately, they will run away with my
pocket book.  I will have to wait a few to get one for my ST.

swood

--
Go ahead...  FLAME ME!!!!	| swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu
I am getting used to it.	| swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu