[comp.lang.pascal] Dbase access from Turbo 5.5?

rcj@ozdaltx.UUCP ( Dallas) (07/17/90)

I am in need of a PD program to allow read/write access to dBase III (and
above) files.  I only need very basic routines, as all I am doing is
transfering some records from my database format to dBase's for easier
use.

                Thanks,
                    Robert

"Remember, keep it up!"
             -Trojan Man

ph62303@tut.fi (Hartoma Petri Juhani) (07/18/90)

In article <6731@ozdaltx.UUCP> rcj@ozdaltx.UUCP ( Dallas) writes:
>   I am in need of a PD program to allow read/write access to dBase III (and
>   above) files.  I only need very basic routines, as all I am doing is
>   transfering some records from my database format to dBase's for easier
>   use.

There are two of them here in funic.funet.fi (128.214.6.100) via
anonymous ftp. They are both Shareware (at least the more complex) and
located in pub/msdos/turbopas as tpdb31.lzh and dbsrch.lzh. The
previous is quite versatile almost dBASE compatible DB handler and the
last is collection of searching routines for .DBF files.
--
Petri Hartoma, Tre University of Technology, ph62303@tut.fi, ph62303@tut.UUCP,
mcsun!tut!ph62303, msdos1@funic.funet.fi (PD Group: public@tut.fi)

Jason.Klank@f805.n106.z1.fidonet.org (Jason Klank) (07/28/90)

> I am in need of a PD program to allow read/write access to
> dBase III (and
> above) files.  I only need very basic routines, as all I am
> doing is
> transfering some records from my database format to dBase's
> for easier
> use.

Call my BBS at 713-463-8053...I have routines that will read/write DB3/3+/4 files...

Jason