[comp.lang.pascal] Scaling in TPascal

kamal@wpi.wpi.edu (Kamal Z Zamli) (08/29/90)

I'm writing a simulation program in turbo pascal < my EE project> simulating
an amplitude and frequency modulation and demodulation. The problem is if user
input a frequency more than say 2Meg Hertz my plot would be a mess:

Here is the problem:

    How can make sure at any frequnecy my plot will conpensate to the screen
sizes ?

cncst@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Christophe N. Christoff) (08/29/90)

In article <14728@wpi.wpi.edu> kamal@wpi.wpi.edu (Kamal Z Zamli) writes:
>I'm writing a simulation program in turbo pascal < my EE project> simulating
>an amplitude and frequency modulation and demodulation. The problem is if user
>input a frequency more than say 2Meg Hertz my plot would be a mess:
>
>Here is the problem:
>
>    How can make sure at any frequnecy my plot will conpensate to the screen
>sizes ?

Newsgroups: comp.lang.pascal
Subject:Re: Reading COM in Turbo pascal
I try to modify a TP communication file (COMM_TP4) in SIMTEL
to monitor a test by reading data from COM1 and plot the data
on the screen.  Most of time it is okay when I do the debug,
and run the program.  But there are some serious problems here.
If I aborted the program when there is a character to be read,
the program will stuck when I re-run the program, Once this happened,
even a warm boot would not help.  I found out this is simply
because that there is a leftover character in COM1, and the
program set HEAD=TAIL when it is started, thus, program cannot
go further.  I just wonder how can I do the following:

A.   To test if COM1 if empty or not.
B.   If COM1 is empty, how to empty it.

Especially, now a lot of program around, I can never be sure
the COM1 is empty before I run the test.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.