[comp.lang.pascal] Pascal deadwood stripper

2fluluck@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (09/11/90)

I'm looking for a simple utility to go through a program and mark variables and
functions/procedures that are unused and deadwood.  Preferably, I would like it
to work on Turbo Pascal programs with lots of Units and include files.  Anybody
know of an available program, or am I going to have to write this one myself?

Thanks in advance.

		Steve Penrod
		University of Kansas
		2fluluck@kuhub.cc.ukan.edu

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK) (09/11/90)

In article <25506.26ebfe3b@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> 2fluluck@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>I'm looking for a simple utility to go through a program and mark variables and
>functions/procedures that are unused and deadwood.  Preferably, I would like it
>to work on Turbo Pascal programs with lots of Units and include files.  Anybody
>know of an available program, or am I going to have to write this one myself?

Psa.exe in the Turbo Processional package by TurboPower Software.
Commercial.  Very good.  (The standard disclaimer of being just a
satisfied customer applies).

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)

dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) (09/16/90)

In article <1990Sep11.043335.14704@uwasa.fi> ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK) writes:
>In article <25506.26ebfe3b@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> 2fluluck@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>>I'm looking for a simple utility to go through a program and mark variables and
>>functions/procedures that are unused and deadwood.  Preferably, I would like it
>>to work on Turbo Pascal programs with lots of Units and include files.  Anybody
>>know of an available program, or am I going to have to write this one myself?
>
>Psa.exe in the Turbo Processional package by TurboPower Software.
>Commercial.  Very good.  (The standard disclaimer of being just a
>satisfied customer applies).

Turbo Analyst, not Professional.  If someone wants to order, the phone numbers
are
  1-800-333-4160 (from USA and Canada, 8-5 PST)
  1-408-438-8608 (voice from elsewhere)
  1-408-438-8610 (fax from anywhere)

List price is $99 I think; you can get a discount to $89 from mail order firms.

Same disclaimer.