[comp.lang.pascal] Routines for serial port access

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (09/30/90)

In article <1589@wet.UUCP> cc@wet.UUCP (Christopher Cilley) writes:

>A project has come up for me that requires accessing a serial port
>and modem within my program.  Most of my experience is under unix,
:

Here is a tip that may, or may not, be of use to you.  This is a
subject that I've seen most often discussed in an international
FidoNet pascal group.  Even if I haven't written any telecomm progs
myself, I have enough experience to have been able to see that there
has been some useful code around there.  Incidentally, this is one
of the very few instances where the quality of a FidoNet group
brightly outshines its UseNet counterpart (comp.lang.pascal).  (No
offence meant to comp.lang.pascal, just a clinical observation).  So
if this is of interest (you obviously must have a modem judging from
your query) try finding a near-by BBS (bulletin board) carrying the
"international pascal discussion" group.

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)