[comp.lang.pascal] tphelp compiler, bitmapped BGI fonts

bdb112@csc.anu.oz.au (10/05/90)

Can anyone tell me how to 1/ compile a text file into a file that can be read
by the TPE help facility - i.e. make your own on-line help
                          2/ use bitmap font files from the BGI - the
defaultfont is bitmapped, but grows grotesquely when you scale it - all the
others I have seen are stroked fonts - these don't look good for sizes other
than integer multiples of their default size.

dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) (10/05/90)

In article <1990Oct5.171600.3045@csc.anu.oz.au> bdb112@csc.anu.oz.au writes:
>Can anyone tell me how to 1/ compile a text file into a file that can be read
>by the TPE help facility - i.e. make your own on-line help

You mean the TP IDE help, not the freeware TPE don't you? If so, I don't know
of any way to do what you want.  However, there's a free program called
MAKETEXT which can de-compile the Borland help files, and make them suitable
for import into another help system.  (MAKETEXT is specifically set up to
work with TurboPower's POPHELP TSR, but I imagine it would be possible to
mechanically edit the output for Norton's online guides or another system.)
MAKETEXT comes as MAKTXT.LZH on the Bonus disk with TurboPower's Turbo
Professional and Object Professional libraries, and is probably also available
on Compuserve, in the PCVENB forum where TurboPower gives support (and maybe
the BPROGA forum where Borland gives support).

If it's not also available on Simtel20 (and its mirrors) it soon will be:
I'm going to get a recent file list, and will upload it if it's not there.

Duncan Murdoch
dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu

dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) (10/06/90)

In article <1990Oct5.130928.3164@maytag.waterloo.edu> I wrote:

>of any way to do what you want.  However, there's a free program called
>MAKETEXT which can de-compile the Borland help files, and make them suitable
>for import into another help system.  (MAKETEXT is specifically set up to
>work with TurboPower's POPHELP TSR, but I imagine it would be possible to
>mechanically edit the output for Norton's online guides or another system.)
>MAKETEXT comes as MAKTXT.LZH on the Bonus disk with TurboPower's Turbo
>Professional and Object Professional libraries, and is probably also available
>on Compuserve, in the PCVENB forum where TurboPower gives support (and maybe
>the BPROGA forum where Borland gives support).

I'm not certain that MAKETEXT is there, but there's a file

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.TURBOPAS>
BONUS507.ARC  B  150435  900205  Misc. TP 4/5 utilities/pgms from TurboPower

which looks as though it should contain it on wsmr-simtel20.army.mil.

Duncan Murdoch