[comp.lang.pascal] pascal to c convertion utility

rlm@po.CWRU.Edu (Robert L. Mullen) (10/06/90)

Is there a pascal to C source conversion utility availble ??
PD would be perfered.

Replies can be sent to MULLEN@cwru.cwru.edu on internet
                       MULLEN@cwru       on BITNET
                       or to Usenet

Thanks for your help

Bob Mullen

--
Dr. Robert L. Mullen   mullen@cwru   (bitnet)  mullen@cwru.cwru.edu (internet)
216-368-2423    Bingham 212A   	Department of Civil Eng. , CWRU,

eldred@rrunner.jpl.nasa.gov (Dan Eldred) (10/09/90)

In article <1990Oct6.143007.1199@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> rlm@po.CWRU.Edu (Robert L. Mullen) writes:

>Is there a pascal to C source conversion utility availble ??
>PD would be perfered.

I have used p2c, a pascal to C converter, for some time and I find it to
be quite good.  I have found archives in labrea.stanford.edu and
mcsun.eu.net.  Someone wrote me that it was on csvax.caltech.edu, but
I have not been able to do anonymous login to that.  p2c supports multiple
dialects of pascal including units and conformant arrays (with gcc).  I
had some minor difficulty building the executables on a Sun-4 with cc
but was able to sort them out from the error messages and doing some
minor editing of some of the #defines in the source code.

		--Dan Eldred		eldred@csi.jpl.nasa.gov

Mike_W_Ryan@cup.portal.com (10/09/90)

Has anyone seen a pascal to c converter that can handle Borland Turbo Pascal
5.0 ? I see a particular problem in the use on units.