[comp.lang.pascal] VAX Pascal Formatter

g_harrison@vger.nsu.edu (10/12/90)

	I am interested in a "VAX Pascal" (tm) Pretty-Printer (a.k.a.
formtter).  I have received one written in GNU C indirectly from
ECOAVU@ecostat.aau.dk called NICE.

	If ECOAVU@ecostat.aau.dk is reading this, I really believe it's a
good and well thought out program; however, NICE  seems to insist upon
semicolons before END statments and doesn't like SETs at all.

	If anyone has any good source code for Pascal pretty-printers,
executable VAX Pascal pretty-printers, or "fixes" to NICE, please contact me.
As a professor I'd like to "assume" that all my students would stick to a
particular style, but I have my hands full trying to help them figure out how
to implement algorithms and solve problems.

	(Off the record, since I write a lot of Pascal for systems stuff, I
often get lazy, AND I'm used to my Ada formatters.)

	George...

P.S.  	Note to DEC folks - why don't you include pretty printers with your
compilers?  I KNOW you can't possibly type all your stuff without their use!

P.P.S.	I [a.k.a. "We"] may even be willing to pay for such a pretty-printer.
(Keyword: 'may')

-- George C. Harrison                 INTERNET: g_harrison@vger.nsu.EDU --
-- Professor of Computer Science               Subliminal Address:  adA --
-- Norfolk State University                                             --
--         The views expressed here are not necessarily those of        --
--         the Univesity, my wife, or my children.                      --

reino@cs.eur.nl (Reino de Boer) (10/17/90)

g_harrison@vger.nsu.edu writes:

>	I am interested in a "VAX Pascal" (tm) Pretty-Printer (a.k.a.
>formtter).  I have received one written in GNU C indirectly from
>ECOAVU@ecostat.aau.dk called NICE.

I have sent him my Vax Pascal beautifier (written in Turbo Pascal), but
if there is enough interest, I will consider posting it somewhere on the
net.

Reino
--
Reino R. A. de Boer     "We want to build the right product right, right?"
Erasmus University Rotterdam ( Informatica )