[comp.lang.pascal] Modems with Turbo 5.5

martijn@cs.vu.nl (=Lemmens ML) (10/25/90)

Hello everybody,

Is there someone out there who can tell me how I can issue commands to
a modem with turbo 5.5. I've got a hayes compatible modem (1200 baud).

Thanks,
Martijn  (martijn@cs.vu.nl)

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (10/25/90)

In article <8042@star.cs.vu.nl> martijn@cs.vu.nl (=Lemmens ML) writes:

>Is there someone out there who can tell me how I can issue commands to
>a modem with turbo 5.5. I've got a hayes compatible modem (1200 baud).

This is not much, but I hope it is of some help.

6. *****
 Q: Why can't I read / write the com ports.

 A: Com port programming (most often writing telecommunication
programs) is much much more complicated than simply trying to use
  write (com, whatever);
  read (com, whatever);
 This is a very advanced subject (frankly, beyond me), and the best
way to learn is to try to obtain some code to show you how.  One
place to look at is Turbo Pascal text-books (I have a long list of
them at chyde.uwasa.fi archives in /pc/ts/tsfaq10.arc, if you are
interested).  Another source is International FidoNet pascal
conference at some bulletin board.  The conference has had some very
good discussions in it.  (No, I don't have them stored for
distribution.)

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)

cncst3@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Chunqing N. Cheng) (10/29/90)

In article <8042@star.cs.vu.nl> martijn@cs.vu.nl (=Lemmens ML) writes:

>Hello everybody,
>
>Is there someone out there who can tell me how I can issue commands to
>a modem with turbo 5.5. I've got a hayes compatible modem (1200 baud).
>
>Thanks,
>Martijn  (martijn@cs.vu.nl)

It is not simple question, but if you are reasonable TP programmer,
go SIMTEL to get file COMM_TP5.ARC which contains all details
you need and it is ready to run.  If you have any question,
please drop me a mail.

Chunqing Cheng