[net.sf-lovers] Irresistable Force vs. Immovable Object

TYG%MIT-OZ@MIT-MC.ARPA (03/11/84)

A hypothetical paradox:
What would happen in a battle between an Enterprise security team, who always
get killed soon after appearing, and a squad of Imperial Stormtroopers, who
can't hit the broad side of a planet?

tom galloway
-------

markb@sdcrdcf.UUCP (Mark Biggar) (03/12/84)

In article <17428@sri-arpa.UUCP> TYG%MIT-OZ@MIT-MC.ARPA writes:
>A hypothetical paradox:
>What would happen in a battle between an Enterprise security team, who always
>get killed soon after appearing, and a squad of Imperial Stormtroopers, who
>can't hit the broad side of a planet?
>
>tom galloway
>-------

Simple, The storm troopers would fire and miss and the security team would
fall down dead anyway :-).

Mark Biggar
{allegra,burdvax,cbosgd,hplabs,ihnp4,sdcsvax}!sdcrdcf!markb

mam@charm.UUCP (Matthew Marcus) (03/13/84)

A                     _______________+
Bug      <---         [______________|  <set on kill>
                               |     |
                               |_____|

Question was asked:
>>A hypothetical paradox:
>>What would happen in a battle between an Enterprise security team, who always
>>get killed soon after appearing, and a squad of Imperial Stormtroopers, who
>>can't hit the broad side of a planet?
>>
>>tom galloway

Answer:  The redshirts would get killed by whatever they were down there
to investigate in the first place!  If that happened to be the storm troopers,
then they get killed by the ricochets.  If all else fails, they can always
get zapped by a plant.  This would leave the stormtroopers free to crack
themselves up on skybikes, shoot each other, and have their idea of a good
time.  If you worked for Moff Tarkin, maybe that's what you'd do?

		{BTL}!charm!mam

fair@dual.UUCP (Erik E. Fair) (03/19/84)

	From: TYG%MIT-OZ@MIT-MC.ARPA
	Newsgroups: net.sf-lovers
	Subject: Irresistable Force vs. Immovable Object
	Date: Sun, 11-Mar-84 04:06:39 PST

	A hypothetical paradox:  What would happen in a battle between
	an Enterprise security team, who always get killed soon after
	appearing, and a squad of Imperial Stormtroopers, who can't hit
	the broad side of a planet?

	tom galloway -------

Oh, I don't know about that. The Imperials did a good job on Alderaan.
They didn't do so badly attacking the rebels on Hoth in TESB either...
And what about that Jawa Sandcrawler in SW:ANH? To quote Obi-Wan:

	``...Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise.''

	Erik E. Fair

	dual!fair@BERKELEY.ARPA
	{ihnp4,ucbvax,cbosgd,decwrl,amd70,fortune,zehntel}!dual!fair
	Dual Systems Corporation, Berkeley, California