[comp.lang.pascal] the BNF for Pascal

jxy7070@cs.rit.edu (June-Shyan X Yih) (11/10/90)

Hi, Pascal Experts:

	One of my friends got a project about writing a
	compiler for Pascal.  You know, it's hard to
	write a complete and correct BNF for Pascal.

	Does anyone have a copy of it?
	(the BNF for Pascal)

	You can send it to me or the poor guy.

		my e-mail: jxy7070@ma.isc.rit.edu
	       his e-mail: klee2@tasha.poly.edu

	Thanx in advance.

					June-Shyan Yih

g_harrison@vger.nsu.edu (11/10/90)

In article <1979@cs.rit.edu>, jxy7070@cs.rit.edu (June-Shyan X Yih) writes:
> Hi, Pascal Experts:
>
> 	One of my friends got a project about writing a
> 	compiler for Pascal.  You know, it's hard to
> 	write a complete and correct BNF for Pascal.
>
> 	Does anyone have a copy of it?
> 	(the BNF for Pascal)
>
> 	You can send it to me or the poor guy.
>
> 		my e-mail: jxy7070@ma.isc.rit.edu
> 	       his e-mail: klee2@tasha.poly.edu
>
> 	Thanx in advance.
>

> 					June-Shyan Yih

You should try K. Jensen and N. Wirth's _Pascal User Manual and Report (Third
Edition) ISO Pascal Standard_ Appendix D for EBNF (ExtendedBNF).  It's quite
good and workable.

George...
-- George C. Harrison                 INTERNET: g_harrison@vger.nsu.EDU --
-- Professor of Computer Science               Subliminal Address:  adA --
-- Norfolk State University                                             --
--   The views expressed here are not necessarily those of              --
--   the Univesity, my wife, or my children.                            --