[comp.lang.pascal] TP routines for detecting hardware configurations?

J_SCHULL@acc.haverford.edu (Jonathan Schull) (11/06/90)

I'm interested in Turbo Pascal routines which can detect
various facts about a computer's configuration.  The kinds of
facts I'm interested in are these, taken from the screen of a
commercial program called CheckIt.

     DOS Version: 3.30
        ROM BIOS: Award                       BIOS Date: 04/30/87

  Processor Type: 80286 AT Machine
Math Coprocessor: Not Present
     Base Memory: 640K                        Available: 382K
 Extended Memory: None
 EXPANDed Memory: No EMS driver installed
   Video Adapter: MDA
   Video Address: B000h                  Video RAM Size: 4K
   Hard Drive(s): Drive 0 (C:-D:) = 43M
 Floppy Drive(s): A:1.2M(5,")
  Clock/Calendar: CMOS Clock
Parallel Port(s): LPT1=378h
  Serial Port(s): COM1=3F8h
           Mouse: None                      Joystick(s): None

I'm familiar with Turbo's DOSVERSION and DISKSIZE functions, but
where I can I find public domain units or routines for some of
these other things?  (I need to be able to incorporate the
routines into a program of my own.)

awol@infopls.UUCP (Al Oomens) (11/10/90)

J_SCHULL@acc.haverford.edu (Jonathan Schull) writes:

> I'm interested in Turbo Pascal routines which can detect
> various facts about a computer's configuration.  The kinds of
> facts I'm interested in are these, taken from the screen of a

There is a Public Domain (or shareware) program available called InfoPlus
which is exactly what you described, which includes the Turbo Pascal
source code!

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (11/11/90)

In article <P23Ds3w163w@infopls.UUCP> awol@infopls.UUCP (Al Oomens) writes:
>J_SCHULL@acc.haverford.edu (Jonathan Schull) writes:
>> I'm interested in Turbo Pascal routines which can detect
>> various facts about a computer's configuration.  The kinds of
>> facts I'm interested in are these, taken from the screen of a
>
>There is a Public Domain (or shareware) program available called InfoPlus
>which is exactly what you described, which includes the Turbo Pascal
>source code!

Thats correct.  InfoPlus code is certainly worth your while.  The
said file is /pc/pd2/infop135.zip available by anonymous ftp or mail
server from uwasa.fi, Vaasa, Finland, or Simtel20 whichever is
nearer you.

Furthermore, /pc/ts/tsfaq12.arc contains a long list of Turbo Pascal
references many of them having much information on this subject.

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)