[comp.lang.pascal] TGA.BGI?

zhou@brazil.psych.purdue.edu (Albert Zhou) (11/11/90)

I have a Tandy CM-11 with the so-called TGA (Tandy Graphics Adaptor). Now
I am programming graphics on it with Turbo Pascal. Is there a TGA.BGI file
available for TP 5.5?

davidson@ac.dal.ca (11/11/90)

In article <11463@j.cc.purdue.edu>, zhou@brazil.psych.purdue.edu (Albert Zhou) writes:

> I have a Tandy CM-11 with the so-called TGA (Tandy Graphics Adaptor). Now
> I am programming graphics on it with Turbo Pascal. Is there a TGA.BGI file
> available for TP 5.5?

On a related matter, is it possible to access the TGA modes from Turbo Pascal
3.0? I suppose it is possibe to write inline routines to replace the strandard
graphics procedures but I am not an experienced assembly language programmer.

Please do not suggest I upgrade to TP 5.5 (6.0?) Version 3.0 meets most of my
needs, I have masses of code that would need porting, and (most importantly), I
am a "poor student" :-)

Any comments, assistance and especially code samples appreciated!

Thanks,

Jonathan Davidson

DAVIDSON@AC.DAL.CA

Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada

bobb@vice.ICO.TEK.COM (Bob Beauchaine) (11/12/90)

In article <2246@ac.dal.ca> davidson@ac.dal.ca writes:
>In article <11463@j.cc.purdue.edu>, zhou@brazil.psych.purdue.edu (Albert Zhou) writes:
>>
>> I have a Tandy CM-11 with the so-called TGA (Tandy Graphics Adaptor). Now
>> I am programming graphics on it with Turbo Pascal. Is there a TGA.BGI file
>> available for TP 5.5?
>
>On a related matter, is it possible to access the TGA modes from Turbo Pascal
>3.0? I suppose it is possibe to write inline routines to replace the strandard
>graphics procedures but I am not an experienced assembly language programmer.
>
>Please do not suggest I upgrade to TP 5.5 (6.0?) Version 3.0 meets most of my
>needs, I have masses of code that would need porting, and (most importantly), I
>am a "poor student" :-)
>
>Any comments, assistance and especially code samples appreciated!

  As for the TGA graphics driver, I too have a CM-11 monitor, and have not
  yet seen such a driver, though I'm not sure one doesn't exist.  I plan
  on writing one in the next year or so if one is not available (time
  permitting.).

  The only language that I am aware of that directly supports the Tandy
  modes (which are really the PC Jr. enhanced graphics modes) is Basic.

  As for the upgrade, w/o a TGA driver you would gain nothing by going to
  a higher version of Turbo.  However, if one becomes available, you will
  definitely need to go to at least Turbo 4.0, since the device independent
  graphics kernel wasn't introduced until that version.

   Bob Beauchaine
   bobb@vice.ICO.TEK.COM