[comp.lang.pascal] Want pascal

simmons@cs.odu.edu (Gregory S. Simmons) (11/12/90)

Hello folks.  I am looking for pascal source to allow me to build
my own turbo pascal communications package (just a small one for
personal use only).  I have played with err... programmed my own
unit for this, but it doesn't work and I can't figure out way, every-
thing appear correct.  So has anyone got one of these they'd be
willing to part with?

Greg Simmons
     simmons@xanth.cs.odu.edu

mcastle@mcs213f.cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle) (11/12/90)

In article <1990Nov12.042328.18095@cs.odu.edu> simmons@cs.odu.edu (Gregory S. Simmons) writes:

>Hello folks.  I am looking for pascal source to allow me to build
>my own turbo pascal communications package (just a small one for
>personal use only).  I have played with err... programmed my own
>unit for this, but it doesn't work and I can't figure out way, every-
>thing appear correct.  So has anyone got one of these they'd be
>willing to part with?
>
>Greg Simmons
>     simmons@xanth.cs.odu.edu

COMMCALL.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.TURBOPAS> TurboPascal routines to handle COM ports
COMM_TP5.ZIP PD1:<MSDOS.TURBOPAS> Serial port unit for Turbo Pascal 4/5.x
COMSET.ARC   PD1:<MSDOS.TURBOPAS> TurboPas routines to enable/access COM1/COM2
IO5150.PAS   PD1:<MSDOS.TURBOPAS> COMM port driver
LCOMMTP.ARC  PD1:<MSDOS.TURBOPAS> Turbo Pascal Communications Tool Box
LTC55.ZIP    PD1:<MSDOS.TURBOPAS> LiteComm Communications Toolkit for TP 5.5
LTCOMM50.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.TURBOPAS> LiteComm communications library for TP 5.0
T301AS.ARC   PD1:<MSDOS.TURBOPAS> Asynch comm routes for Turbo Pascal
TOAD_IAC.PAS PD1:<MSDOS.TURBOPAS> Demo using InterApplication Comm area (TP src)

These are all available at simtel20.army.mil (26.2.0.74) in the directory
listed above (PD1:<MSDOS.xxxxx> )  or at wuarchive.wustl.edu (128.252.135.4)
in mirrors/msdos/xxxxx.

If anyone knows of any other mirrored archives of Simtel20, please let me
know and I'll add them to this generic response.

Thanks.
--
Mike Castle (Nexus) S087891@UMRVMA.UMR.EDU (preferred)       | ERROR:  Invalid
                    mcastle@mcs213k.cs.umr (unix mail-YEACH!)| command 'HELP'

zhou@brazil.psych.purdue.edu (Albert Zhou) (11/12/90)

There is a good example in a book about programming modem with TP5.5.
This book is:
			TURBO PASCAL 5.5 THE COMPLETE REFERENCE
				BY  STEPHEN K. O'BRIEN
                        BORLAND-OSBORNE/MCGRAW-HILL, BERKELEY, 1989
The modem program is on Page.422 - 429.

       Hope this will be helpful for those who want to program their modem.
Personally I find my KERMIT can do everything I want to do with my modem.