From: SYSOP <system@infopls.uucp>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.pascal
Subject: TD/TDPROF upgrades
Date: 24 Nov 90 22:26:36 GMT
To:       info-pascal@BRL.MIL

In article <27V6s1w163w@infopls.UUCP> system@infopls.uucp (? Andrew
 Rossmann?) writes:

>  A couple months ago, I upgraded to TD 2.00, TASM 2.00 and TPROF 1.00,
>all of them are dated May 7 (my birthday!) I just decided to upgrade to
>TP6, but only the 'regular' version. Other than not getting the TPCX
>compiler (I don't write prgrams THAT big!) I don't see spending $30 (+
>IL tax) to get an uprade to .01 versions.
>  Therefore, if the .00 versions are not compatible, can I upgrade to
>newer versions for less than $30?
>---------------
>Andrew Rossmann  ({uunet!ddsw1} or {gargoyle!igloo} !infopls!system)

"Maintenance upgrades" are reported to be available for a disk fee, at
least for TD 2.01. The disk fee is probably around $10 or $15, but I Am
Not Borland. I'm not aware of changes in TASM and TPROF, but TD 2.00
apparently is not compatible with TPas 6.0 because of changes in the
heap manager (and possibly for other reasons).

Aside to others who asked or didn't know: TPROF is an interactive
"profiler", which essentially tells you how long your program is
spending in different routines, how quickly a routine executes, etc. The
purpose is to help you to determine whether and where optimization is in
order.

| Karl Brendel                                Centers for Disease Control |
| Internet: CDCKAB@EMUVM1.BITNET              Epidemiology Program Office |
| Bitnet: CDCKAB@EMUVM1                       Atlanta, GA, USA            |
| ILink/RIME: KARL BRENDEL                    phone 404/639-2709          |
| CIS  : 73307,3101                           fts       236-2709          |
| GEnie: K.BRENDEL                            Home of Epi Info 5.0        |