[comp.lang.pascal] Looking for a Mouse Unit

defaria@hpclapd.HP.COM (Andy DeFaria) (11/26/90)

I'm looking for a TP Unit that helps me control my mouse.  Either that or a
pointer towards how I can do  it  myself.  I have  scanned this notes group
quickly and I can't seem to find much discussion about it.   Perhaps it has
been archived away.  How do I program my mouse?

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (11/27/90)

In article <950046@hpclapd.HP.COM> defaria@hpclapd.HP.COM (Andy DeFaria) writes:
>I'm looking for a TP Unit that helps me control my mouse.  Either that or a
>pointer towards how I can do  it  myself.  I have  scanned this notes group
>quickly and I can't seem to find much discussion about it.   Perhaps it has
>been archived away.  How do I program my mouse?

I have some indirect information for you.  I haven't any experience
with mice units myself, but if you look at the list of references at
the end of faqpas.txt in the /pc/ts/tsfaq14.arc collection
(available from uwasa.fi), some of them include mouse units or code.
At least Tischer's excellent Turbo Pascal Internals does.

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)

cfraser@gara.une.oz.au (Colin Fraser BEST) (11/27/90)

mjensen@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Marc S. Jensen) (11/29/90)

In article <950046@hpclapd.HP.COM> defaria@hpclapd.HP.COM (Andy DeFaria) writes:
>I'm looking for a TP Unit that helps me control my mouse.  Either that or a
>pointer towards how I can do  it  myself.  I have  scanned this notes group
>quickly and I can't seem to find much discussion about it.   Perhaps it has
>been archived away.  How do I program my mouse?

There's a Sybex book by Charles C. Edwards that contains a very informative
section on how the Microsoft mouse driver works. It includes the documented
source code for a complete TP mouse library. The book was written
specifically for TP 3.0, but almost all the code in it works without
modification. I had no problems whatsoever getting the mouse code to work.

BTW, the book's name is 'Advanced Techniques in Turbo Pascal'

If you can't find it, and you still need the information, let me know and
I will email you the source. (I have it on file somewhere, in the form
of a TP unit)

--

Marc Jensen
mjensen@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu

defaria@hpclapd.HP.COM (Andy DeFaria) (11/30/90)

Thanks, I have gotten some mouse unit code and have it working ... sort of.

My next question is how do I set my mouse cursor to, say, an arrow?

Sorry  about  the  questions but   my home PC  is a  loner  and I  have  no
documentation about the mouse.

P.S. It's and HP-HIL mouse but it seems to be MicroSoft compatable.