[comp.lang.pascal] XReferencer

amead@s.psych.uiuc.edu (alan mead) (12/01/90)

I don't use cross references--however I just examined the output of one, and
it seemed pretty useful.  What I'd like to do is print out just the procedure
headers in a "pretty" fashion and perhaps the dependancies.  The other stuff
like line numbers and varaible stats might be useful too.  Eg:

PROGRAM Test;
   PROCEDURE Beep;
   FUNCTION Power( x,y : real ):real;
   PROCEDURE Sort( var List:lisType);
     FUNCTION Swap( var x,y:ElementType );

Do you know of one?  Source code would be best (so I could customize
it), but if you use a flexible commercial one, please include that.

Please email suggetsions.  Thanks.

-alan mead

dbyron@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (David Byron) (12/04/90)

In article <1990Nov30.223836.3222@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> amead@s.psych.uiuc.edu (alan mead) writes:
>I don't use cross references--however I just examined the output of one, and
>it seemed pretty useful.  What I'd like to do is print out just the procedure
>headers in a "pretty" fashion and perhaps the dependancies.  The other stuff
>like line numbers and varaible stats might be useful too.  Eg:
>
>PROGRAM Test;
>   PROCEDURE Beep;
>   FUNCTION Power( x,y : real ):real;
>   PROCEDURE Sort( var List:lisType);
>     FUNCTION Swap( var x,y:ElementType );
>
>Do you know of one?  Source code would be best (so I could customize
>it), but if you use a flexible commercial one, please include that.
>
>Please email suggetsions.  Thanks.
>
>-alan mead

Just wondering...

How much would you be willing to pay for a flexible, commercial formatter and
analysis tool?

-David Byron
dbyron@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu