[comp.lang.pascal] Fast put-image-on-screen source

thostr@stud.cs.uit.no (Thomas Strandenaes) (12/05/90)

Dear Netland,

What I'm looking for today, is some source code
for Turbo-Pascal (i've got 5.5) to display *any*
image-format on a VGA (Tandon 512k) - *FAST*.
With stress on the word fast... I would prefer
IFF format, but PIC, etc, will do.

Please reply to the following address,

thostr@stud.cs.uit.no
--
//thomas

syswerda@bbn.com (Gilbert Syswerda) (12/08/90)

In article <1990Dec4.212838.17692@hod.uit.no> thostr@stud.cs.uit.no (Thomas Strandenaes) writes:

>What I'm looking for today, is some source code
>for Turbo-Pascal (i've got 5.5) to display *any*
>image-format on a VGA (Tandon 512k) - *FAST*.
>With stress on the word fast... I would prefer
>IFF format, but PIC, etc, will do.

The fastest way I know of is to store the images uncompressed on disk and
simply blockread them directly into video memory.

If someone knows of a faster way, I'd be interested in hearing about it.