[comp.lang.pascal] Anyone want to buy TP 5.5 pro cheap :-)?

C0361@univscvm.csd.scarolina.edu ( Thomas Jenkins) (12/11/90)

Hi,

   Anyone interested?  I'm upgrading, and don't intend ( read: have the room )
to keep 5.5 operational.  I'll part with all disks, and manuals for $65.

tom

THOMAS E. JENKINS, JR.                +--------+  FROM SHOE  +--------+
                                      |"IS THE COMPUTER STILL GIVING  |
PROGRAMMER,                           | YOU TROUBLE?..."              |
  UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA        |"NO, NOT ANYMORE..."           |
  C0361 AT UNIVSCVM.BITNET            |"WHAT DID YOU DO?..."          |
  C0361 AT UNIVSCVM.CSD.SCAROLINA.EDU |" I TURNED IT OFF."            |
                                      +-------------------------------+

garlangr@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Mark T Garlanger) (12/11/90)

In article <16075@chopin.udel.edu> kuebeler@chopin.udel.edu (Mark Kuebeler) writes:
>In article <25238@adm.brl.mil> C0361@univscvm.csd.scarolina.edu ( Thomas Jenkins) writes:
>>Hi,
>>   Anyone interested?  I'm upgrading, and don't intend ( read: have the room )
>>to keep 5.5 operational.  I'll part with all disks, and manuals for $65.
>
>I assume you mean that you are upgrading to TP 6.0.  Correct me if I'm
>wrong, but wouldn't this be a violation of your software license with
>Borland?

  This seems to come up everytime Borland release a new version.  It has
been posted that it is ok to do.  Someone had posted that they had connected
Borland and Borland said it was ok.  This is second hand so you may want
to connect Borland your self.  Also in Borland's License Agreement, they
say the software is "just like a book".  So if you buy a new edition of
a book, you should be able to sell the old one without any copyright
infringements.  If someone does talk directly to Borland finds that this
is wrong please post.

				Mark
--
----------------------------
Mark Garlanger             |

damouth.WBST128@xerox.com (12/12/90)

Interesting question.  I've wondered the same thing.  A quick reading through
the license agreement that came with the upgrade didn't yield any mention of
restrictions on what I do with the old program.  I believe that I have bought
two independent copies, 5.5 and 6.0, which gives me the right to run them on
two separate machines simultaneously, or to sell either.  Have you found
anything which contradicts that?

/Dave

zhou@brazil.psych.purdue.edu (Albert Zhou) (12/14/90)

In article <25238@adm.brl.mil> C0361@univscvm.csd.scarolina.edu ( Thomas Jenkins) writes:
>Hi,
>
>   Anyone interested?  I'm upgrading, and don't intend ( read: have the room )
>to keep 5.5 operational.  I'll part with all disks, and manuals for $65

Question: Is it legal for one to sell his old version when he upgrades to a new
version? The price you pay for upgrading is actually less than the sale price ofthe old version (I mean the price of upgrading from 5.5 to 6.0 is less than the sale price of 5.5).