[comp.lang.pascal] Driver for PaintJet

yu@tahoe.unr.edu (Jiyu YU) (12/05/90)

   I am looking for a driver for new HP PaintJet Printer, or some way to dump
the turbo graphic (written in Turbo Pascal) from screen to a file and then
translate it into a Raster data to send to PaintJet printer. Any advice will
be appreciated.

arsen@erg.sri.com (Tom Arseneault) (12/06/90)

In article <5053@tahoe.unr.edu> yu@tahoe.unr.edu (Jiyu YU) writes:

>   I am looking for a driver for new HP PaintJet Printer, or some way to dump
>the turbo graphic (written in Turbo Pascal) from screen to a file and then
>translate it into a Raster data to send to PaintJet printer. Any advice will
>be appreciated.

If you have access to Compuserve then in Borland area they have BGI drivers for
a bunch of printers, I think that the HP is included, If you checked there
already ingnor this. Then you can just call this driver in your program and
redraw your screen and it should go to the printer. I have not done this but I
read that it can be done. May be some one from the net can give the exact
procedure.

Tom Arseneault
arsen@erg.sri.com

ace@cc.ic.ac.uk (Andriko del Saludo) (12/08/90)

In article <1990Dec5.222650.7849@erg.sri.com> arsen@erg.sri.com (Tom Arseneault) writes:
>In article <5053@tahoe.unr.edu> yu@tahoe.unr.edu (Jiyu YU) writes:
>>   I am looking for a driver for new HP PaintJet Printer, or some way to dump
>
>If you have access to Compuserve then in Borland area they have BGI drivers for
>a bunch of printers, I think that the HP is included, If you checked there

 Whoa! BGI drivers on compuserve ? Could someone with access upload them
 to simtel or uwasa or wherever for the rest of us folks? (UK access for
 Compuserve is horridly expensive).

 ace

- Andreas C. Enotiadis (ace@cc.ic.ac.uk, ace@grathun1.earn, etc)    -
- (I'm still thinking about something clever to put here...)        -

haggas@kean.ucs.mun.ca (12/14/90)

In article <5053@tahoe.unr.edu>, yu@tahoe.unr.edu (Jiyu YU) writes:
>    I am looking for a driver for new HP PaintJet Printer, or some way to dump
> the turbo graphic (written in Turbo Pascal) from screen to a file and then
> translate it into a Raster data to send to PaintJet printer. Any advice will
> be appreciated.
You will find a driver in Pizazz Pluss by Application Technologies
Inc. I use this printer with a TARGA16 and a Paradise Professional VGA
board with much satisfaction. Contact me directly, if you wish more
dialog.