[comp.lang.pascal] Search for Several Large Pascal programs

alnaji@enuxha.eas.asu.edu (Adel S. Alnaji) (12/12/90)

I am looking for several large Pascal programs to perform
an experiment in software maintenance where the students will be
given the programs to modify. Any Pascal program > 4000 lines is
a good candidate.

I will appreciate any donations of programs or suggestions of where
I can find programs.

Please send and programs or comments to "alnaji@enuxha.eas.asu.edu".

Thank you.

Adel Alnaji

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (12/12/90)

In article <1923@enuxha.eas.asu.edu> alnaji@enuxha.eas.asu.edu (Adel S. Alnaji) writes:
>I am looking for several large Pascal programs to perform
>an experiment in software maintenance where the students will be
>given the programs to modify. Any Pascal program > 4000 lines is
>a good candidate.
>
>I will appreciate any donations of programs or suggestions of where
>I can find programs.

A simple suggestion.  How about using the programs that come with
the Turbo Pascal disks.  Or how about the various TP toolboxes.

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)

bigelow@hpfcso.HP.COM (Jim Bigelow) (12/14/90)

I think the TeX is written in  pascal and both in the  public domain and large.

Good Luck

Jim Bigelow
HP
Ft. Collins, CO

ftpam1@acad3.alaska.edu (MUNTS PHILLIP A) (12/15/90)

In article <9110022@hpfcso.HP.COM>, bigelow@hpfcso.HP.COM (Jim Bigelow) writes...
>I think the TeX is written in  pascal and both in the  public domain and large.
>
>Good Luck
>
>Jim Bigelow
>HP
>Ft. Collins, CO

     About 1983 or 1984 we ordered the TeX tape direct from Stanford.  It was
all written in Pascal.  However, it wouldn't compile on the machine we had (an
HP3000 minicomputer) because it was a 16 bit machine and code and data segments
were limited to 64K.  There were data structures too big for this so we
abandoned that project.

     There are commercial versions of TeX for the PC so perhaps somebody has
tweaked it to fit into 64K segments since then.  The big question is whether
these tweaks have made it back to Stanford and onto the public domain tape.

Philip Munts N7AHL
NRA Extremist, etc.
University of Alaska, Fairbanks