[comp.lang.pascal] Borland mouse bug, crashing after shelling, latest version?

boerner@cs.utexas.edu (Brendan B. Boerner) (01/17/91)

In article <1951@umriscc.isc.umr.edu> mcastle@cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle (Nexus)) writes:
>I would like to mention one more problem.  When running TC++ under DesqView,
>my mouse tends to go erratic (such as moving the mouse left-right causes
>the pointer to move up-down, and vice-versa.  I could handle that if it was

Yep, this has happened to me also.  Running TC++ under DV was so slow
on my system that I haven't pursued it too much though.

>ran TC++ outside of DV.  When I shell then exit back into TC, my mouse works
>fine except for a 'blot' where my mouse was setting.  Against the gray desktop
>the blot looks like the regular mouse pointer.  If I set the mouse pointer on
>top of that blot, it then matches the desktop (effectively turning invisible).
>Shelling out again creates another 'blot.'

I've had the "blotting" happen to me also.  Can't recall if it happens
always are not.  I also had my mouse disappear on me occasionally
also.  Repainting the desktop will bring it back (although it is
annoying to have to pause while it happens).  I'm using mouse.sys
(sorry, don't recall the version, it came with the Windows I installed
last week).  I might try mouse.com and see what happens.

Another thing I've noticed when shelling out is that sometimes
when I return, different color bars randomly play across my screen.
Sometimes my machine wil crash when I try to run, compile, edit,
whatever, sometimes not.  I've applied the TC++ patches which came
out about a month or two ago (well, maybe longer than that,
I've been behind on things :-; ) but no effect.

And as long as I'm here, has anyone heard of TC++ v1.01?  Guy in the
office who got a copy of the Zinc interface kit said it was mentioned
in the Zinc manual as the most current version.

So long,
Brendan