[comp.lang.pascal] TP 6.0 question

F0O@psuvm.psu.edu (01/25/91)

     Can some kind soul who has TP 6 tell me if the windows you can use
in your program are graphic or text only windows?  If they are graphic,
then it would probably be worth upgrading to, but if they're only text
windows, they're a dime a dozen!

                                                         [Tim]

dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) (01/26/91)

In article <91025.105304F0O@psuvm.psu.edu> F0O@psuvm.psu.edu writes:

>     Can some kind soul who has TP 6 tell me if the windows you can use
>in your program are graphic or text only windows?  If they are graphic,
>then it would probably be worth upgrading to, but if they're only text
>windows, they're a dime a dozen!

The ones you get with the package are text only.  However, it was recently
announced in the Fidonet Pascal echo that Richard Morris and someone else have
rewritten the low level routines so that they work just as well in some
graphics modes.  I haven't got a copy of their code, and don't really know
where to get one offhand, but I could probably find out.

Duncan Murdoch
dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu