[comp.lang.pascal] changing background color in screen windows

ormohrbh@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Richard Ohrbach) (01/28/91)

I have a simple question.  I have tried setting individual background
colors within different windows on screen, but when the program runs, the
entire screen is painted with each color that is declared, as the program
runs through the setup of the different windows.  I have followed the code
examples in the TP manual, but the problem remains.  I am using the VGA
driver for a mono-VGA monitor, within the graphics procedures.

Thanks for any help.
Richard Ohrbach

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (01/28/91)

In article <56356@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> ormohrbh@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
>I have a simple question.  I have tried setting individual background
>colors within different windows on screen, but when the program runs, the
>entire screen is painted with each color that is declared, as the program
>runs through the setup of the different windows.  I have followed the code
>examples in the TP manual, but the problem remains.  I am using the VGA
>driver for a mono-VGA monitor, within the graphics procedures.

I would say that your premises are wrong here, and that's why you
have problems.  One can't set the background colors of individual
windows, one has to draw the background colors (use Bar on each of
the windows).  See /pc/ts/tsdemo14.arc at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous
ftp archives for a demostration of the end result.  The monitor is
not the essence in this, but can, of course, cause other problems.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37