[comp.lang.pascal] Data Encryption Standard in Pascal

tmr@computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk (T M Robinson) (01/31/91)

I am a final-year computer science student doing a project on
viruses and need a hashing function which will use the data
encryption standard, but I would rather not have to write it.
I am not being lazy and full credit will be given in my report
to the person who wrote the code. So if you have a copy of DES
written in Pascal (preferably Turbo Pascal but any other form
is great) I would be most grateful if you could send me a copy.

Thanks

Tel

bobb@vice.ICO.TEK.COM (Bob Beauchaine) (02/01/91)

In article <1991Jan31.145213.2173@computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk> tmr@computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk (T M Robinson) writes:

>I am a final-year computer science student doing a project on
>viruses and need a hashing function which will use the data
>encryption standard, but I would rather not have to write it.
>I am not being lazy and full credit will be given in my report
>to the person who wrote the code. So if you have a copy of DES
>written in Pascal (preferably Turbo Pascal but any other form
>is great) I would be most grateful if you could send me a copy.

  Sorry, I don't have the code in a form ammenable to e-mail transfer,
  but I do know where a concise algorithm (complete with explanation)
  can be found.  Get a copy of _Numerical_Recipes_in_Pascal_ (sorry,
  don't have the author's names).  The _Numerical_Recipes_ series are
  very popular, (at least here in the U.S.) so you should have no
  trouble finding a copy.

  Bob Beauchaine
  bobb@vice.ICO.TEK.COM