[comp.lang.pascal] Extended Keyboard BIOS functions

dave@tygra.UUCP (David Conrad) (02/01/91)

In article <25726@adm.brl.mil> SCP3006%SAKAAU03.BITNET@uga.cc.uga.edu writes:
>   While I was studying a program written in assembly language . I was
>surprised to see functions 10H , 11H , 12H were used .
>
>    If you refer to any book or reference which explains interrupts...
>you will find that these functions under INT 16H are * RESERVED *
>
>Charles Markoni <scp3006@sakaau03>

When I refer to a book which explains interrupts it tells me:
Service 10H: Extended Keyboard Read
Service 11H: Get Extended Keystroke Status
Service 12H: Get Extended Shift Status

These functions are the equivalents of services 0, 1 and 2 respectively.
They return additional info available on 101 key (AT style) keyboards,
e.g. F11, F12, left vs. right Alt and Ctrl.  The book is The *New*
Peter Norton Programmer's Guide to: The IBM PC & PS/2, from Microsoft
Press, ISBN: 1-55615-131-4.  I'd say your reference is out of date.
--
David Conrad
tygra!dave@uunet.uu.net