[comp.lang.pascal] Turbo Pascal TPU header decoding

andrew@resam.dk (Leif Andrew Rump) (02/04/91)

Has somebody out there made a program that takes a TPU-file and
display the header in human readable form (all the information
must be there: names & types).

Leif Andrew

Leif Andrew Rump, AmbraSoft A/S, Stroedamvej 50, DK-2100 Copenhagen OE, Denmark
UUCP: andrew@ambra.dk, phone: +45 39 27 11 77                /
Currently at Scandinavian Airline Systems                =======/
UUCP: andrew@resam.dk, phone: +45 32 32 51 54                \
SAS, RESAM Project Office, CPHML-V, P.O.BOX 150, DK-2770 Kastrup, Denmark

dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) (02/05/91)

In article <1991Feb4.185524.3303@maytag.waterloo.edu> I wrote:

>I've written these for each of the .TPU formats so far.  The one for version
>6.0 is the most complete and least buggy.  There's also a less buggy dumper
>included in the commercial package Turbo Analyst, from Turbopower software.
>
>My packages are called INTRFCxx.ZIP.  If you'd like a copy, send me email
>telling which version.  If I get too many requests, I'll put them onto an
>archive server instead of mailing individually.

Silly offer.  It's no trouble to send them to an ftp site, and a much more
efficient use of my mailer to do that than to mail individual copies all
over the place.  Look for them on garbo.uwasa.fi.

So far INTRFC55.ZIP and INTRFC60.ZIP are there, INTRFC40.ZIP and INTRFC50.ZIP
will follow.

Duncan Murdoch

dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) (02/06/91)

In article <1991Feb4.220643.16174@maytag.waterloo.edu> dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) writes:
>In article <1991Feb4.185524.3303@maytag.waterloo.edu> I wrote:
>>
>>I've written these for each of the .TPU formats so far.  The one for version
>>6.0 is the most complete and least buggy.  There's also a less buggy dumper
>>included in the commercial package Turbo Analyst, from Turbopower software.

All four versions of the dumper are now available from garbo.uwasa.fi, in the
pc/programming directory.  The names are

INTRFC4.ZIP, INTRFC5.ZIP - dump the interface section only, for versions
			   4.0 and 5.0 respectively.  The 5.0 version is
			   very buggy.

INTRFC55.ZIP, INTRFC60.ZIP - dump most of the .TPU file, for versions
			   5.5 and 6.0 respectively.  I'd be interested in
			   hearing about any bugs in these, especially in
			   INTRFC60.

Full source code is included in all of these, but it's very unreadable,
especially in the earlier ones.  Sizes range from 20K for INTRFC4.ZIP to
55K for INTRFC60.ZIP.

All of these programs have been released to the public domain.