[comp.lang.pascal] Paramstr

nacer@hpmcaa.mcm.hp.com (Abdenacer Moussaoui) (02/16/91)

I have been looking for some source that would implement a replacement
for paramstr() such that it returns quoted items as a single token
much like C argv[][] (I am not a fan of C this is just a reference :-)
) for example calling a program with:  -s /N "Smith Brown" foo.2
should be parsed as:
param#	paramstr
1	-s
2	/N
3	"Smith Brown"
4	foo.2

Currently in TP single or double quoted strings containing white space
are broken into individual tokens.
Thank you for any pointers.
Thank you.
--Abdenacer 	(nacer@hpmcaa.mcm.hp.COM)

--

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (02/16/91)

In article <1991Feb16.005252.24456@hpmcaa.mcm.hp.com> nacer@hpmcaa.mcm.hp.com (Abdenacer Moussaoui) writes:
>I have been looking for some source that would implement a replacement
>for paramstr() such that it returns quoted items as a single token
:
>Currently in TP single or double quoted strings containing white space
>are broken into individual tokens.
:

Read the entrire command line into a single string, and then parse
that string whatever way your problem warrants.  (If you don't know
how to read the entire command line, see /pc/ts/tsfaq17.arc FAQ
collection for the code.)

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37